We are a community of members who have joined together to give us access to farm fresh milk, eggs, meat etc. Think of it as 100 families working together and buying a small herd of healthy, happy cows and 50 acres of native pasture. Some members come to the farm daily and brush, milk and care for the cows, calves and other livestock. Some members are delivery points for your milk. Some members drive out to the farm once a week to pick up their farm fresh food, eggs and milk!
COSTS: We run from Jan 1 to Dec 31. …..2020
- Undivided interest in the dairy herd for the lifetime of herdshare $40 once
- Annual dues of $24/ year this is a requirement of CA, pays for the incidentals of the farm, chicken feed, paper etc.
- Optional delivery charge (milkers agree to take milk to there home and placed in an outdoor fridge, you pay this at the fridge (determined by delivery person and paid direct to them)
- Cost of cow care: this pays for the feed, vet, equipment, cleaning supplies, tractor etc. While you are getting a % of the cow’s production and paying for her care, we adjust it to the amount of milk predicted per week.
- 1 gallon per week $ 450 for 9 months or $300/6 months or $150/3 months
- 1/2 gallon per week $ 225 for 9 months or $150/6 months or $75/3 months
How to become a Herdshare Member
Fill in the form below and pay your fees, drop off a copy of your form and your jars to be kept on file at the Copeland Family Farm office:
2020 Farmshare Agreement:CFF Farm Share agreement 2020
You MUST print and sign a copy of the herdshare agreement prior to getting any milk.
You may pay on-line with PayPal but we prefer checks.
Here are the PayPal links:
Deliveries are available to Yreka, Mount Shasta, Lake Shastina, Klamath River and Etna. email to get the phone number of the delivery you are interested in. email@example.com