- 1 gallon skim milk (not ultra pasteurized)
- 1 packet fromage blanc culture
- 1. Pour milk into pot and slowly heat to 86°F. Stir gently while heating.
- Add 1 packet fromage blanc culture to heated milk and gently stir for two minutes.
- Place a lid on the pot and let milk sit quietly, at room temperature, for 6-12 hours. Until the milk thickens into a solid curd, similar to yogurt.
- Place a sterilized colander into a large bowl and line it with butter muslin.
- Ladle curd into lined colander. Once transferred, fold a layer of cloth over the draining curd.
- Drain curd in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 1-2 hours. Drain longer for a drier cheese.
Store the finished Fromage Blanc in a covered dish or container in the refrigerator. It should last for 7-10.