So I make a crockpot full of HOT CHOCOLATE
The Weather outside is frightful; but inside it is so delightful:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/4c of powdered 100% cocoa, 1/4 tsp sea salt and 3c of raw milk.
- Pour mixture into a slow cooker and add 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Add 1c of heavy raw cream, 2 tsp of cinnamon and 3 Tbl of real maple syrup. Cover, and cook on low for an additional 20 minutes. Stir in 2 ounces of chocolate until melted. It’s best to break or shave chocolate into smaller pieces before adding to the slow cooker to help the melting process or melt it in a double boiler over the stove.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of shaved chocolate and broken cinnamon sticks.
- Grab a mug, get warm and enjoy the time with your family.