We are a community of members who have joined together to give us access to farm fresh milk, eggs, meat etc. Think of it as 100 families working together and buying a small herd of healthy, happy cows. Some members come to the farm daily and brush and care for the cows, calves and other livestock. Some members drive out to the farm once a week to pick up their farm fresh food and milk. Part of all members dues pay for feed for chickens; so eggs are free when you collect them yourself!
- Undivided interest in the dairy herd for the lifetime of herdshare $40 once
- Annual dues of $24/ year this is a requirement of CA, pays for the incidentals of the farm, chicken feed, paper etc.
- Optional delivery charge (Some of our milkers agree to take milk to there home and placed in an outdoor fridge, you pay this at the fridge (determined by milker)
- Cost of cow care: this pays for the feed, vet, equipment, cleaning supplies, tractor etc.
- one gallon per week $520/year $275/6 months $148/3 months
- one half gallon per week $260/year $140/6 months $75/3 months (must pay at the farm)
- For current subscribers: As available milk is $9 per jar; includes a $3 deposit on each bottle. No changes. When you bring the jar back pick up another with no deposit due.
How to become a Herdshare Member
To become a herdshare member you MUST live close enough to the farm to participate in care and pick up your milk weekly. First you must fill in the form below and pay your fees, drop off a copy of your form to be kept on file at the Copeland Family Farm office:
You MUST print and sign a copy of the herdshare agreement prior to getting any milk.
You may pay on-line with PayPal.
No PayPal? No problem. Pay at the farm instead.